Ceramic cookware pros and cons | The Ultimate Guide to Buying Ceramic Cookware
Since ages, people yearn for natural and safe cookware. In the past, we were dependent on Teflon coating for non-stick cookware. It was a friendly and popular piece of cookware at that time.
But in the later, research shows that Teflon discharges toxic fumes if it heated to specific temperatures. So, then people really quest to get a safer and greener option. And the technology presents us ceramic non-stick cookware.
So, the question arises, is this ceramic cookware is really good in every aspect than Teflon cookware? Or does it has its shares of weak points?
Here, we will discuss ceramic cookware pros and cons so that you can make a wise decision. So, join the quest, get an idea of ceramic cookware pros, cons and make an informed decision.
Ceramic cookware Pros:
• Safe and Toxic Free: Ceramic pots made of natural mineral. It’s measured as one of the safest cookware on the market. Because, how much you overheat the pot, there would be no toxic fume. For this reason, it’s healthy and safe option for your health and the environment.
• Easy to clean: Ceramic cookware is super easy to clean because of non-stick. You just need a paper towel for giving a quick wipe. And it’s perfectly clean.
• Nonreactive to Acids: A very important fact about ceramic cookware is, it’s non-reactive. So, the food items, even the acidic foods will not react with this cookware. And you will get unaltered tasting and coloring of the food.
• Non-stick: Because of non-stick, the ceramic cookware is smooth and slick. You can cook using very little oil or no oil. For health-conscious persons, definitely, ceramic cookware is a masterpiece.
• Lightweight: Typically, ceramic cookware made of the aluminum core which is quite lightweight. So, you will be quite comfortable to use it.
• Dishware safe: Ceramic cookware is dishware safe. So, there is no problem, if you don’t like to wash dishes with hands. No worries, it will be safe, fresh and clean with dishware.
• Sophisticate design: The ceramic cookware is exclusively designed to be compatible with modern kitchens. So, it will be definitely a lovely addition to your kitchen.
• Variety of colors: When you go to buy this best ceramic cookware, you will get a lot of color options to buy ceramic cookware. There is a high chance; you will get your favorite color whatever it is. I find it a great advantage as some people love really love fancy colors, but they don’t get this option to other cookware.
• Reasonable Price: The best thing about ceramic cookware is its affordability. Here you can get quite a decent set around $100 to $150. And the quality is also great.
Ceramic cookware cons:
• Durability: Ceramic coating will wear off with time like other typical cookware. Basically, it depends on, how well you maintain it, and how much you use it? I will suggest you follow the maintenance tips, the manufacturer provided.
• Less evenly heat distribution: In the ceramic cookware, the foot item does not get even heat because of the Nanoparticles (from which the non-stick surface made). The ceramic cookware also heats foot items slowly.
• Not Compatible with Metal Utensils: We all know that ceramic cookware is not suited to metal utensils. It will scratch the surface or ceramic coating which may lead the removal of the coating. In that case, I will suggest you use plastic, nylon, silicon or wooden utensil with ceramic cookware. It would be convenient.
• Short Life Span Time: The ceramic cookware tends to wear off if you use frequently. Even though, the brands trying their best improvement, but still there is no solution. However, it’s also true with Teflon pans.
• Flimsy: The ceramic cookware is lightweight and thin. For this reason, some people get a flimsy vibe with the ceramic cookware
Final Verdict of pros and cons of ceramic cookware:
Here we go through the ceramic pans pros and cons. It seems it has both strong points and weak points. In my opinion, it needs some improvements. But when we compare it with Teflon cookware, I find it ceramic cookware is better.
We observe in the previous section of this article, ceramic cookware pros and cons, that it’s safe, affordable, healthy and versatile.
This cookware is the ultimate choice for beginners. As the cooking process is quite friendly with ceramic cookware, it will help them on their cooking journey.
Overall, I find this cookware is worth a try. But it’s your call. And hopefully this article (ceramic cookware pros and cons) will help you to select your desirable cookware.